Party Wall and Neighbourly Matters

Party Wall Awards previously only applied to properties within Central London, but since July 1997 The ‘Party Wall etc. Act 1996’ came into effect and now applies to all properties within England and Wales.

The Act covers all works on or near a wall or boundary between two separate properties.  Works affecting the ‘wall’ can be repair, refurbishment, extensions, underpinning and new build or even demolition.

CWA can act and advise you in relation to compliance with the Act, we can act for you as the Building Owner’s Surveyor planning the works or act as Adjoining Owner’s Surveyor where a ‘notice’ has been served upon you by a neighbour wishing to carry our works that affect the ‘wall’ or ‘structure’.